Thursday, September 2, 2010

Theme Song

An interesting email popped up in my inbox the other day. It was someone telling me that they had the perfect theme song for me. Of course, I was curious to hear what someone who's never met me thought should represent me musically.

The song is "Hell on Heels" by up and coming country artist, Jason Sturgeon. Now, let me tell you what I think about current country music: I think it's shit, so I wasn't really expecting a whole lot from this. Besides, my theme song and the name of this blog is in honor of Motley Crue, so nothing can or will replace that.

I went to his site and listened to the song and to my surprise...it was actually pretty decent. It has a bit of a rock edge, but certainly leans more towards the country side of the fence. There was also some great fiddle action, which I loved.

I sampled a few others songs that were are all pretty good. The guy can sing country music well.

The lesson I learned: Don't skip out on something just because it's not usually something you're into. Try it because it might not be too bad. In this case, I lucked out. But I hate to break it to you Jason, as much as I like your song, it won't take the place of Motley Crue's version. ;) And I hope there's whiskey in that glass your holding in that picture. If not, we may need to have a talk.

For more info on Jason Sturgeon, check him out at all the usual social networking sites:

www.myspace.com/jasonsturgeonmusic

www.facebook.com/jasonsturgeonmusic

www.twitter.com/jasonsturgeonmusic

No comments: