Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Skid Row Gets New Drummer

Wow. I was stunned by this news. And no, that's not sarcasm.

Skid Row announced on their website that they parted ways with Davee G in April and have replaced him with Atlanta native, Rob Hammersmith. Rob's got some experience under his belt with Rockets to Ruin and Gunfire 76, so I'm sure he'll do just fine behind the drums with Skid Row.

My favorite Skid Row drummer will always be Rob Affuso because I'm a purist at heart, but I haven't disliked any of their drummers. I fell in love with Phil Varone in Saigon Kick, so I was stoked when he landed in Skid Row. The last time I saw Skid Row live was when Davee G was still behind the drums. I also had the pleasure of meeting him, and he was super nice. Hopefully, Rob Hammersmith will keep this good streak going.

Good luck to Davee G! Hope he continues to kick ass!
Photo courtesy of www.SkidRow.com.

No comments: