Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spinal Tap Tours This Summer...but Not Really

As I was browsing through http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/, I found a news story that almost made me jump out of my seat: Spinal Tap Announce Tour.

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately told my fiance the good news and it was decided that we would go. Lucky for us, the boys were making a stop right here in Columbus, OH so we wouldn't have to travel far.

Not paying much attention to the name of the tour, "Unwigged & Unplugged" I spent the rest of my evening on cloud nine daydreaming about seeing Spinal Tap live. When I got to work this morning, I did a little more research and found the disheartening news.

Yes, Christopher Guest, Michael McKean and Harry Shearer will be performing my favorite Spinal Tap tunes...but acoustic and without costumes. What??!?!?!?!?!?!!! They'll also be performing songs from A Mighty Wind.

Sigh...How much more black can my heart get right now? The answer is none. None more black.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to see this show, but what I was really looking forward to was the costumes and the mini Stonehenge and Derek Smalls in all his mustached glory. Regardless, I have no doubts this show will be incredibly entertaining. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a full on Spinal Tap tour after the release of their new album in May. I suppose Spinal Tap unplugged could be pretty interesting....

No comments: