Monday, February 23, 2009

Freeeburd!!!!!!!

When I read this article, I couldn't believe my eyes:
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-guitar-hero-game-misspells-quot-lynyrd-skynyrd-quot-/1289712

How in the hell did the people at Guitar Hero manage to spell Lynyrd Skynyrd incorrectly? And how many eyes looked at that and let it slide? They are only the most influential southern rock band to ever exist! Blasphemers!!!! Perhaps we should add this band name to Webster's Dictionary and Microsoft's spell check to avoid all future misspellings.

Holy geez...I realize that I'm not perfect; there are typos all over this blog. However, I'm not making millions, and I don't have 100 people proofing my stuff before I post it. Sure, I run spell check on it, but it NEVER guarantees correct spelling, so I rarely, if ever, depend on it. And one certainly can't depend on it for the correct spelling of band names.

I'm sure the people Guitar Hero are incredibly embarrassed, as they should be. They should put out a public apology to the band for their idiocy.

I suppose I shouldn't be so harsh, but it's just irks me that they let that misspelling run through their grubby little fingers.

For the record, it's spelled LYNYRD SKYNYRD.

No comments: