Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Never Thought They Could Disappoint Me

This could possibly be one of the worst days I've had in a really, really, really long time.

First, I got bitch slapped in the face with the Crue Fest line up: Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Drowning Pool, and Charm City Devils. Are you f-ing kidding me? That's the worst line up I've ever heard. What the hell were they thinking? With the kick ass line up they had last summer, they try to top it with this pile of shit? Good god...I threw up a little in my mouth after I read the press release.

After making me suffer through Hinder and Theory of Deadman on this last tour, they're going to make me suffer through some more crap? And now I'm going to have to sit through Theory of a Deadman again? No thank you. I've had enough thanks. Not even Dr. Feelgood in its entirety can make me pay $80+ to sit through those bands.

Of all the bands in the world, Motley Crue couldn't come up with anyone better to share the bill with? Come on. I'm so pissed off I could scream. This was one tour I was REALLY looking forward to; it was going to be part of my honeymoon.

After I started to calm down from that bad news, I checked Twitter to find a post from MTV that read, "Motley Crue And Carrie Underwood To Team Up In The Future? http://is.gd/nKlI." Oh for f*ck's sake. Someone shoot me right now and put me out of my misery. As if it wasn't bad enough that American Idol used Carrie Underwood's cover of Home Sweet Home, now there are rumors of Motley Crue and Carrie Underwood joining forces? It's the end of the world for sure.

Look, I like Carrie Underwood. I think she has a freaking incredible voice. I'm sure that the general public and most of Carrie's country fans have no idea that she's a closet 80's rock fan. She listens to Motley Crue before she goes on stage to channel good vibes and energy. I love that about her. She's even covered I Remember You and Paradise City live.

Unfortunately, her covers of these 80's rock songs aren't great. Her voice sounds amazing, but this genre is just out of her wheel house. It's exactly like Celine Dion covering AC/DC and Sheryl Crow covering Sweet Child O' Mine. Sure those ladies are talented but covering rock icons was embarrassing for them and their fans. I can certainly appreciate Carrie's love for 80's rock and her need to perform it, but I wish she wouldn't.

I was highly offended that American Idol didn't just use Motley's version of Home Sweet Home on the show. Why wouldn't they? They always use current rock songs for the vote offs, so why use a cover this time? Is it because Home Sweet Home isn't current, so they used Carrie Underwood to update it? What a rip off. The original is kick ass and timeless, and American Idol should have just used it.

And according to the MTV article, Nikki Sixx was almost featured on Carrie Underwood's version. I hope to god that Nikki had enough sense to pass this up because he knew it would royally piss off all of his fans. However, he also stated in that article that he would love to work with her sometime. Maybe he was just trying to be nice.

The icing on the cake for this day would be if I found out Nikki Sixx and Kat Von D got married. Ugh....I'd jump out a window.

*Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

1 comment:

DiamondDog said...

I think the guys have a lot of marketing problems...they ought to kick off the staff and begin touring in small places, without support.
They could.