Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hello

Hey virtual world! How's it going? This is my very first post on my new blog. Welcome!

In case you didn't read the "About Me" section, I created this blog to discuss music. I'm very passionate about music. There are definitely certain genres that I gravitate towards, so let's briefly talk about those first (since the "About Me" section cut me off...) and get to know each other. Shall we?

My heart lies with 80's hair bands, or cock rock as I like to call it. It moves me like nothing else. Say what you will about it, but some amazing music was created out of this genre. Don't hate.

Lately, I've been listening to nothing but classic rock, southern rock, and old country. For me, it's just the purist and most simple form of music out there.

Today's music just sounds so mechanical and overproduced. It feels as though the artist doesn't have a heart or a soul anymore. Very few new bands have moved me the way the old ones have. Like I said before, for me, today's rock bands have lost that purity and that soul that the old guys had by the balls. It's sad.

So my blogs will mostly concist of me forcing my opinion on you or ranting about how stupid some rock star is. If you have ideas or comments or questions, please feel free to post a comment. I'm not interested in petty arguments about how you think I'm an idiot for not liking Rush. I'm interested in well thought out debates about how I should reconsider my hatred for Rush because they really are talented muscians. You get the idea. :)

No comments: